Chapter 10: For Opening of the Mouth
& restoration of the senses:
Ptah, the Opener of Ways, has come forth and opened
my mouth on my mummy. My mouth is open, my mouth is open; Toth has come with
his magic and has opened my mouth. I am
the Great god of the lower world. I am
Sobek, keeper of destiny. I am Atum, I have gone forth with Amon at his
rising. I am able once again to breathe
air, to speak, to sense the presence of Ra, and to move about. As for any sorcery to be done against me, may
the Greater Triad of the Gods rise up against it.
Chapter
11: For being remembered after death:
My name is
mine, my name shall not disappear; my name is remembered in the Hall of Records
and is in the hand of Thoth, its librarian.
I shall not be forgotten. The
souls of the East remember me. The souls
of the West recall my name. I am known
in the Duat and in Heaven. My deeds on
Earth are famed, I am remembered as a good and stable soul, having passed the
Judgment of Ma’at before Osiris. The
elders know me, and the young ones in the nest honor me; I shall go forth as a
justified Spirit, pleasing Ra in his Barque.
Chapter
12: For playing Senet and for victory over death:
O Shai, my fate
is in my hands, for I am playing a game of draughts called Senet. I will cast the throwing sticks and move six
times, I will cast them again and move four times, and again and move one time;
your ponds are moving slowly! Once my
pieces have cleared the first row, I will descend to the second and last row,
past the dangers and off the board and into Elysium. I will eat the Sekhem dots and devour the
chasing ghosts, then dine on the lesser dots.
I will move my knight and castle against your queen, and mate your
King. O Shai, you will have to do better
than that to capture my Akh!
The forces of
darkness are conquered; Seth is vanquished by Horus and now protects the Barque
of the Sun. I have gone forth as a
falcon and returned as a phoenix, the bird that is reborn from its ashes. I worship Ra, for I am Horus reborn. As Horus is victorious so shall I be
victorious. I am victorious over death,
I am victorious over evil, and I am victorious over those who wish me ill. So says my Akh.
Chapter
13: Eternal Sustenance for the Ka & Akh:
Whosoever knows this chapter shall be
given food & drink, clothing, perfumes, oils and ointments, medicines, and
other items necessary for Eternal Life.
Praises and
Glory unto Osiris Unnefer Khenti-Amenti, Lord of Eternity, Lord of Life! Hail O Lord of the West! I offer thee 100 loaves of bread, 100 jugs of
wine, beer or other drinks, 100 bushels of fruit and vegetables, 100 fishes or
steaks, and 100 cotton tunics and kilts.
May this be done unto me likewise, for I am Osiris when in the Duat and
Horus whilst alive on Earth.


No comments:
Post a Comment