Chapter 17: To prevent one’s magical power from being taken.
“‘I will not be deprived of my magic’, says
my Akh, glorified in the light of Ra. As
for those who would wish to steal my magic, I say: ‘Be gone!’ For I am a
companion of the Great God, and he would be most displeased should I be treated
unfairly in the Duat.”
Chapter
18: To prevent one’s soul from being taken.
“I am an Akh, alone and unique in the realm
of the spirits. I see other Akhu, some
of whom are chasing after the innocent and the half-guilty over there by
Restau. I see Demons harassing Akhu for
either amusement or punishment. So I go
to the Tribunal of Osiris and ask him for protection. He sends forth Akhu of Light (Angels), and
they escort me through the dark passages of the Duat. I befriend them, and they keep me safe. I utter magic words of power, and so create
magical weapons and armor, but it only lasts until I am in the Oasis of Osiris,
then they disappear until needed again.”
Chapter 19: For passing through certain Gates in Duat.
The first gate: “Blockhead is my name’ says the Gate
Keeper. ‘Who goes there?’ ‘I am the
long-lived Serpent Sa-en-ta,’ I said. ‘Are you Sa-t-an?’ ‘No, I am the Egyptian
Serpent,’ I said. ‘Very well, you may pass.’”
The second gate: “Fruit Cake is my name,’ says the Gate
Keeper. ‘Who goes there?’ ‘I am the
eldest son of Nephthys,’ I said. ‘Are
you Seba?’ ‘No, I am Anubis,’ I said.
‘Very well, you may pass.’”
The third gate: “Damned of the Void is my name,’ says the
Gate Keeper. ‘Who goes there?’ ‘I am
Moses,’ I said. ‘Are you the son of
Nebkheperura?’ ‘No, I am the son of the Habiru of Yuya,’ I said. ‘Very well, you may pass.’
The fourth gate: “Octopus Eyes is my name,’ says the Gate
Keeper. ‘Who goes there?’ ‘I am Haroeris,’ I said. ‘Are you one with Osiris?’ ‘No, I am one with
Ra,’ I said. ‘Very well, you may pass.’
“O you Gate Keepers, I have answered your
questions and I am free to pass among you into Paradise, returning the way I
entered. I am given a snack of chocolate
or vanilla pudding with spoon, a bottle of Ginger-ale, and a cotton robe or
tunic on the altar of Isis at the first Gate.
I am given a sheathed steal dagger at the second Gate. I am given an Amulet of the Two Fingers at
the third Gate. I am given a Pardon of
Ma’at at the fourth Gate. O Osiris, I
made offerings on earth and in heaven in your honor; I have sowed love where
there was war, hope where there was despair, and charity where there was
poverty. I am a worthy Soul, twice
blessed and fully equipped. I will pass
among you in peace. Hail Amon-Ra.”
Chapter 20: For a personal electric torch and a map
“I am the golden falcon, great of light and
brightness; I destroy the darkness and sever its ties to the East. AmonRa has come. He has enveloped my head with an aura. He has made me to see in the darkness with an
inner glow; my light is lit, my lamp is filled with oil, and my Soul is
balanced like Atum.”
“O Ferryman, O Ferryman, where are thou
Ferryman? I come bearing tribute from
the conquest of Hades, and still I cannot find thee! I would be able to pay you handsomely if only
I could find thy boat! Would you happen
to have a Map of the Duat, for then I could grant you the 5000 platinum coins I
found after conquering Hades…”
Chapter 21: For Scribe equipment
and a book.
“Homage unto Thoth, Great Scribe of the
Gods! I honor thee with my works. O Keeper of the Books of the Library or Hall
of Records, I announce and herald thy presence before the Court of Osiris. I only require of thee some Scribe equipment
and a tome from your collection, with a light to read by.”
Chapter 22: To prevent eating excrement or filth in Duat.
“What I detest I will not eat, nor drink. What I detest is excrement, or filth; I shall
not eat excrement or the pollution from the Place of Punishment. I shall not drink polluted water, or urine,
or poison, or old vinegar. I shall only
drink pure water or clean drink. I shall
eat only fresh food, not stale and moldy bread.
My Ka shall dine on fine cuisine; my Akh shall dine on the Ambrosia of
Zeus and Aphrodite.”
Chapter 24: For establishing a bed with pillow for the Ka.
“May
the sparrows awaken you with their songs, O Horus. May the night come and go while you sleep in
that golden bed of yours. And may you
dream well with your head resting on that pillow of yours. For to you I give, for I am Isis, and I have
seen you triumphant in life, be now triumphant in sleep.”


No comments:
Post a Comment