Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Content 8



Chapter 49: To acknowledge the 4 sons of Horus:
         
          “Hail Imsety, Duamutef, Hapi, & Qebsenuf!  I am thy father, Horur!  I conquered Set, chained Apophis to a tree, and helped Toth record the testimony of the recent dead.  The heart has been weighed, the balance never cheated against with Anubis in attendance.  My lungs, my intestines, my liver, and my stomach all greet you, my sons.  May you continue to protect them in my Canopic Chest.” 

          Chapter 50: To see one’s (former) home on the Earth:

          “Holy is the Barque of Ra, that it visits each world every day.  May I go forth in the Barque one day to visit the world I left behind.  So says Osiris NN___, everliving.”

          Chapter 51: To visit the Pylons of the Palace of Osiris:

     “I am this great god of the standard of years.
    ‘Who is this god?’
    “It is Atum in his disk, or Ra in his rising.  I am Yesterday and I know Tomorrow.
    ‘Who is this?’
    “Yesterday was Osiris and Tomorrow is Ra, for Osiris was dead and Ra is risen, just as a blue lily flower blooms in the morning while a white lily sleeps at night.
    ‘What is this lily?’
    “She is my mate, the great Queen Nefertari.  I have come to pass by the Pylons of the Palace of Osiris.
    ‘What is the name of the first Pylon?’
    “Pleasant bird.”
    ‘What is the name of the second Pylon?’
    “Slippery frog.”
    ‘What is the name of the third Pylon?’
    “Horur is Maaxeru in Maat.”
    ‘What is the name of the Gate?’
    “Unnefer of Mennofer.”
    ‘Very well, Atum in his disk, you may pass by.’
    “And so I gained entrance into the Palace of Osiris.”


c.MC 2013.



Chapter 52: To nourish all the Akhu in Duat, and deliver them from evil:

        “I give feed to the cattle, I nurse the newborn child, I wash the dirty feline, I clean the stables, I give fresh grass to the horses, and I give water to all the animals.  To the Akhu I clothe and feed them as I would my own children.  For I am Ptah, the Provider. 
    “I strengthen the wills of my statesmen, I give hope to the defeated, I garner support to the legions, I arrest the brigands and the terrorists, and I place Angels in places where assistance is required.  For I am Ptah, the Lord of Ma’at. 
    “I design the blueprints of Life, I engineer the floor plans of temples and palaces and tombs, I place Order from Chaos, and I breathe life into the vessels to make them grow.  For I am Ptah, the Creator.”

     Chapter 53: For Anubis to tend to the body of Osiris on his bier:

     “Homage to you O Anubis, Physician of Osiris.  Be my Physician.  Come forth and purge my body from corruption.  Make it anew and vibrant.  Remove my pestilence and replace my old tissue with new skin, purge my blood from infection, and treat it with Natron and Aloes.  For I am Osiris NN____, your patient.”

     Chapter 54: For coming forth from the fishing net:
          “I am Baba, the Eldest Son of Osiris.  Free me O Neteru from this net, for I was swimming in the river and became entangled in this net.  If you free me I will ensure all your temples are tax-exempt this year.” 



Chapter 55: For an Emerald and Platinum scepter on the mummy:

“Hail the Akhu of Khnum, those Lords of Abu Simbel, great are their strides, glory and peace unto them!  Hail the Creator of Men and Women, the Great Potter on his wheel, he who makes bodies and has Amun breathe life into them.  I am an admirer of Khnum.  I have come bearing gifts, and seek counsel with the Elders.  Holy and blessed are the Akhu of Khnum!”

Chapter 56: For a thousand shares of Technopolis company stock:

          “Homage unto Ptah and the Elder Gods!  Hail the Eternal Ones! O Bast, Uachit, Sobek, Mert, Neb-er-tcher, Nehebka, Shu & Nut!  May I share your business in the Capital, one thousand fold.”

Chapter 57: For praising Hathor, Selqet, Neith, Sakhemet, and Isis:

        “Homage to all good Goddesses!  Hathor, goddess and patroness of the Harem, well wishes!  Selqet, goddess of Heka, well wishes! Neith, patroness of Archery – my favorite sport – well wishes!  Sakhemet, goddess of power and sunlight, well wishes!  Isis, my sister, goddess of motherhood and protection, well wishes!  I love thee all, and so does my Ka.”

          Chapter 58: To prevent sailing to the East:

          “O Ferryman, O Ferryman, do not turn East!  I am a resident of the glorious West, the highest domain of Ra.  I do not seek to visit the Living unless I have business there.  O Ferryman I shall sing a song of hope if you stay clear of the East.”

          Chapter 59: To prevent the Soul from being shut-in:
         
          “Though I am justified and victorious, I wish not to be confined to my home in Duat. Ye gods, may I go forth from my abode and socialize.  May I go forth and visit others in their homes, may I travel abroad and see others in their afterlife; may I not be shut-in.  I offered you life, liberty, and service at your temples.  May your musicians and entertainers work wonders in your company.”

          Chapter 60: For coming forth by the light:
         
          “Homage to thee O Bull of the West, behold Tehuti and Seshet are with me!  I am the great god in the Barque of Ra-Atum.  I am victorious over the legions of gossipy mortals that descend from the Kingdom of Set.  I am the proxy of Amun and Montu, the Champion of Hathor, and the Vindicator of Ma’at.  My name is powerful and my Akh eternal.  All gods and goddesses know my secret name, and those who know it do not misuse it.  If Ra goes forth then I will go forth, for I am in his Boat.  The retinue of Horur are my kinsmen. I will hear of it if they are harmed or mistreated.  The Gods of Olympus forged my armor.  I was born under a pale blue star, and Isis was content when I freed her from the swamp reeds.”

         


Chapter 61: For opening the doors of Duat:

          “Toth has come and pulled the Titanium doors open, that I may pass through.  Out came an ibis, a vulture, and two songbirds. 
        ‘What was the ibis?’ asks a god.
        ‘The ibis was Toth’s cousin, Bath.’
        ‘What was the vulture?’ asks a demon.
        ‘The vulture was Nekhbet.’
        ‘What were the two songbirds?’ asks an Akh.
        ‘They were Isis and Nephthys.’
        ‘Very well, you may pass through the doors,’ said the Ennead.  I passed through the doors and into the Cosmic Court, watching Earth from above.”






No comments:

Post a Comment